Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Corroborating


I had hoped to just be able to cut and paste from the googledoc I did but I emailed it to the SLNSW and myself several minutes ago and it still hasn't come.

I've just realised I haven't closed the googledocs thing and can just copy from there:
This document seems almost pointless - it's only going to you, Ellen - no offence intended. I can see how these things can be useful for collaborating on documents but what are the differences between googledocs/zoho type services and wikis? When / why would we use one over the other?

Another week where I'm a bit underwhelmed yet overwhelmed by the amount of stuff out there - looked at the CML Learn and play site which has a link to a Web 2.0 Awards site - http://www.seomoz.org/web2.0 it boasts 174 Web 2.0 Sites in 41 Categories - and these are only those deemed to be the best . . . there are literally thousands out there.

I can see that Zamzar might be useful - I can't open powerpoint files at home, I usually have to forward them to myself at home so it will be interesting to see if I can find something that will convert the powerpoint file to something I can look at. Probably won't get one for ages now . . .

The slideshow had Tada List - for to do lists - an incurable list-maker I will have to give it a go.

And doodle - my group of school mums might be able to use it for arranging a night out - instead of the 458 emails that go back and forth - only trouble is I've only just introduced them to the idea of using a wiki for that kind of organising as per the video we watched - introducing something else at this stage may cause a few heads to explode!


Now I'm going to close the browser and see if I can find it again . . .


OK so, signed in to Google I click on more at the top left and then on documents - easy!


Now I'm off to test drive a few of the apps - doodle and Tada I think.

No comments: